The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
Collecting personal information
- The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register an interest on our website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name and employment details;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you give to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes below or as stated on the relevant pages of the website:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this;
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: The United States of America.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section
Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing protected parts of our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password except when you log in to our website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- We will require appropriate evidence of your identity, and for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website may include links to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
3. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”